GREATER MICHIGAN UA LOCAL 190 JATC
“Training for your Future!”
How does the apprenticeship program work?
How can I apply for the program?
- 5 year apprenticeship
- 1-2 nights of in-the-classroom training per week (3 – 15 week segments per year)
- Work during the day and get paid (Must obtain 1,500-2,000 on-the-job hours per year)
- Complete general education classes through Washtenaw Community College to earn an Associate’s Degree in Applied Sciences
- Graduate with a journeyman card and certificate of completion from the United Association and United States Department of Labor
Basic qualifications to apply:
Greater Michigan UA Local 190 JATC
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must have high school transcripts, G.E.D., or college transcripts
- Proof of citizenship (S.S. card, passport, etc.)
- Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted Michigan driver’s license
- Applicants must be a resident of Washtenaw County, the townships of Green Oak or Hamburg in Livingston County, or the townships of Clinton, Tecumseh or Macon in Lenawee County.
- Applications are available for the Plumber/Pipefitter & HVAC-R Technician apprenticeship programs for Greater Michigan UA Local 190 JTC. Anyone interested may pick up an application, in person, at the following address:
8040 Jackson Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Business Hours: Monday-Thursday: 7:30am until 4:30pm
Friday: 7:30am until 3:30pm
Call regarding holiday hours
Office Number: (734) 426-3700
Fax Number: (734) 426-3707
Randall J. Whitaker, Training Director
Doretha McDonald – Office Professional